Rob has asked me to release a new version of the core. Although the changes are minor, he would like to go through the process and see where issues crop up. I found today that I had to update the version number in the following files:
I hope to leave the major version (v6) as is. Changing it would create more difficulties and this is only a minor point release.
This change will mean extra work for developers because they'll have to reconfigure the references to any core elements in their projects to point to the updated C:\Program Files\LANDIS-II\v6\bin\6.1 install directory. I have concerns about the extension installers. When I tried to install the latest version of BaseHarvest on 6.1 it wouldn't install because it was looking for 6.0. I'm not sure if this issue is restricted to installers that use the SDK. I recompiled BaseHarvest against 6.1 and was able to install it which leads me to believe that the installer is interrogating the core library. The age-only succession installer ran without a whimper. More research needed.