posted Jan 16, 2015, 2:27 PM by Lesley Bross
updated Jul 11, 2016, 3:29 PM by Robert Scheller
This post summarizes a conference call with Jimm Domingo to transfer knowledge of the new Landis-II library release process:
- The wiki contains a list of the current extension libraries.
- The harvest libraries are the first to use the new process: Site Harvest, Biomass Harvest, and Harvest Management. Harvest Management and Biomass Harvest both depend on Site Harvest.
- The 3 harvest libraries will be released to v1.0 within the next couple of weeks. This needs to be done in the next 2 weeks as Brian will be unavailable after that for about six weeks.
- The library release process is on the wiki.
- The new process uses the NuGet package manager to manage the libraries. This option requires a configuration file in each project and some local configuration on the developer's computer. Biomass Harvest is currently configured with NuGet. Harvest Management is not.
- For now LANDIS-II packages will be distributed on the landis-ii feed at MyGet.org (user account and group permission required).
- Brian expressed an interest in moving the succession libraries to the same process once it is proven.